By M. T. Silva (auth.), Robert M. Burton, Francisco Carvalho Guerra (eds.)
Read Online or Download Biomembranes: Dynamics and Biology PDF
Similar dynamics books
Offers the more moderen box of chaos in nonlinear dynamics as a usual extension of classical mechanics as taken care of by means of differential equations. Employs Hamiltonian platforms because the hyperlink among classical and nonlinear dynamics, emphasizing the idea that of integrability. additionally discusses nonintegrable dynamics, the basic KAM theorem, integrable partial differential equations, and soliton dynamics.
In the DFG -Schwerpunktprogramm "Stromungssimulation mit Hochleistungsrechnern" and in the actions of the French-German cooperation of CNRS and DFG a DFG symposium on "Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) on Parallel platforms" used to be geared up on the Institut fur Aerodynamik and Gasdynamik of the Stuttgart college, 9-10 December 1993.
Christopher M. Cheatum and Amnon Kohen, courting of Femtosecond–Picosecond Dynamics to Enzyme-Catalyzed H-Transfer. Cindy Schulenburg and Donald Hilvert, Protein Conformational affliction and Enzyme Catalysis. A. Joshua Wand, Veronica R. Moorman and Kyle W. Harpole, a stunning function for Conformational Entropy in Protein functionality.
Lately, a lot development has been made within the figuring out of interface dynamics of assorted structures: hydrodynamics, crystal progress, chemical reactions, and combustion. Dynamics of Curved Fronts is a vital contribution to this box and may be an imperative reference paintings for researchers and graduate scholars in physics, utilized arithmetic, and chemical engineering.
- NUMERICAL SIMULATIONS - EXAMPLES AND APPLICATIONS IN COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS
- Chaos and nonlinear dynamics: an introduction for scientists and engineers
- Metasolutions of parabolic equations in population dynamics
- Chaos and Coarse Graining in Statistical Mechanics
- Tunneling Dynamics in Open Ultracold Bosonic Systems: Numerically Exact Dynamics – Analytical Models – Control Schemes
Additional info for Biomembranes: Dynamics and Biology
L. I. Barsukov,V. I. Kulilov and L. D. Inside-outside distribution of the phospholipids in the protoplasmic membrane of Micrococcus lysodeikticus, B. B. Res. ,71:704 (1976). 72. D. G. Bishop,J. A. F. Op Den Kamp and L. L. M. Van Deenen, The distribution of lipids in the protoplast membranes of Bacillus subtilis,Europ. J. ,80:381 (1977). 73. J. E. Rothman and E. P. Kennedy,Asyrrmetric distribution of phospholipids in the membrane of Bacillus megaterium, J. Mol. ,110:603 (1977). 74. J. C. Paton,B.
As shown in Fig. 1, intact cells are exposed to the probe and the modification of the phospholipids thus obtained is compared to that after treatment of open membranes with the same reagent. This approach assumes that, when intact cells are treated with the reagent, only those phospholipid molecules will react which are located in the external half of the bilayer. Treatment of open membranes in fact serves as an essential control to ascertain that the probe can react with all of its potential targets when it has access to both sides of the membrane.
47. M. T. Silva,Paula M. Macedo,M. H. L. Costa,H. Goncalves, J. Torgal and H. L. David,Ultrastructural alterations of Mycobacterium leprae in skin biopsies of untreated and treated lepromatous patients,Ann. Microbiol. (Inst. Pasteur) ,133B:75 (1982). 48. P. C. Fitz-Jarnes,PArticipation of the cytoplasmic membrane in the growth and spore fonnation of Bacilli, J. Biophys. Biochem. ,8:507 (1969). 49. A. Ryter,Structure and function of rnesosames of Gram-positive bacteria,in "current topics in Microbiology and Immunology" Springer-Verlag,Berlin,vol.
Biomembranes: Dynamics and Biology by M. T. Silva (auth.), Robert M. Burton, Francisco Carvalho Guerra (eds.)